Recruitment Starting in September for next Apprentice Intake
Transport Repairs will start the recruitment process in September for a new lot of Apprentices to start in January 2022. We will continue to employ significant numbers of Apprentices across our South Island branch network to help build our workforce and educate a new generation for the heavy automotive trades.
Types of Apprenticeships we offer…
- Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport)
- Automotive Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Fabrication (Steel Construction)
- Automotive Parts and Accessories (Parts Person)
What we offer
Transport Repairs are offering Heavy Automotive – Road Transport (commonly called a Diesel Mechanic), Automotive Electrical Engineering, Engineering Fabrication and Automotive Parts and Accessories Apprenticeships starting in January each year. We are looking now for keen, motivated individuals who seek a long and rewarding career in the heavy automotive industry.
All these trades are in very short supply world-wide and will continue to be trades that are in high demand. Completing an Apprenticeship sets you up for life in a career that grows with you and offers great opportunities with variety and could take you anywhere in the world.
The benefits of an Apprenticeship with Transport Repairs include…
- Your will become part of one of New Zealand’s largest privately-owned company
- You will be trained on premier global brands of Cummins, Kenworth and DAF
- Your Apprenticeship will be managed by our internal training department and enhanced with additional job specific education
- You are fully paid when attending training courses
- Uniform and personal protective equipment supplied
- An Apprentice Tool Kit program that gets you started with a comprehensive tool kit.
- As a Tradesman you will earn well above the New Zealand’s median wage
- There is plenty of opportunity to work over-time and boost your take home pay
- There is opportunity to relocate to other branch locations across the South Island
To be eligible we seek applicants with…
- New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- NCEA Level 2 (or international equivalent) English and Maths
- Proficient in Science subjects
- Completion of an Automotive pre-employment course would be highly valued but not essential
- Work experience with Transport Repairs or similar automotive / engineering workshop would be highly valued but not essential
- Adult applicants with technical or trade experience welcome
If you are interested proceed to the Applications page https://www.transportrepairs.co.nz/apprenticeship-applications/
Is your engine getting tired?
Consider a recondition or re-power
Talk to us about a mid-life, complete engine overhaul or even a re-power. We have a solution to keep you moving.
Find a location
We have 8 workshop locations throughout the South Island