Positions Starting January 2021
Transport Repairs have commenced the recruitment process for 8 Apprentice positions officially starting on the 25 of January 2021. These positions are…
- (New!) Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport) Blenheim
- Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport) Invercargill
- Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport) Gore
- Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport) Cromwell
- Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport) Dunedin
- Heavy Automotive Engineering (Road Transport) Christchurch
- Engineering Fabrication (Steel Construction) Christchurch
- Automotive Parts and Accessories (Parts Person) Christchurch
What we offer
Transport Repairs are offering Heavy Automotive – Road Transport (commonly called a Diesel Mechanic), Engineering Fabrication and Automotive Parts and Accessories Apprenticeships starting 25 January 2021. We are looking now for keen, motivated individuals who seek a long and rewarding career in the heavy automotive industry.
Diesel Mechanics and Transport Engineers are in very short supply world-wide and will continue to be trades that are in high demand. Parts professionals also play a critical support role in the industry. Completing an Apprenticeship sets you up for life in a career that grows with you and offers great opportunities with variety and locations.
The benefits of an Apprenticeship with Transport Repairs include…
- Your will become part of one of New Zealand’s largest privately-owned company
- You will be trained on premier global brands of Cummins, Kenworth and DAF
- Your Apprenticeship will be managed by our internal training department and enhanced with additional job specific education
- You are fully paid when attending training courses
- Uniform and personal protective equipment supplied
- An Apprentice Tool Kit program that gets you started with a comprehensive tool kit.
- As a Tradesman you will earn well above the New Zealand’s median wage
- There is plenty of opportunity to work over-time and boost your take home pay
- There is opportunity to relocate to other branch locations across the South Island
To be eligible we seek applicants with…
- New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- NCEA Level 2 (or international equivalent) English and Maths
- Proficient in Science subjects
- Completion of an Automotive pre-employment course would be highly valued but not essential
- Work experience with Transport Repairs or similar automotive / engineering workshop would be highly valued but not essential
- Adult applicants with technical or trade experience welcome
If you are interested proceed to the Applications page https://www.transportrepairs.co.nz/apprenticeship-applications/
Is your engine getting tired?
Consider a recondition or re-power
Talk to us about a mid-life, complete engine overhaul or even a re-power. We have a solution to keep you moving.
Find a location
We have 8 workshop locations throughout the South Island